How can this be comfortable???

Friday, January 15, 2010


This was today at nap time. He first slept in his crib for 2 hours, then I heard him say "mommy" on the monitor so I went in to get him and found that from the time it took me to walk to his bedroom he had gotten out of his crib and fell asleep on his Toy Story couch as you see in the above picture. I have no idea how he could possible be comfortable enough to fall asleep like that, but obviously he was!
He can get out in .2 seconds, LITERALLY ! For the past week I put him in his crib then shut the door, and as I am turning the handle to close it Sean has already climbed out and is turning the handle open!! Just the other night at 3 in the morning while I was sleeping I heard "mommy" and turned to see Sean at the foot of our bed! He then proceeded to climb into bed with us, get under the covers, said "night night" and fell back asleep!
So I guess we will be changing his crib over to a toddler bed this weekend since his crib is pretty much POINTLESS now! But I have no clue how I am going to get him to sleep since he will be able to get out of bed so easily (not that his crib hasn't been easy to get out of to him lately!)...anyone have any suggestions??!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Ashley - When we put Emma in a twin bed within the next month or so, we're going to put a baby gate at her doorway. We decided to do this because she sleeps upstairs and I'm afraid she'll fall down the stairs trying to get to us. Although I don't know how well a gate will work for Sean, seeing as though he's mastered climbing out of his crib. :)